Monday, March 4, 2013

FREEBIE for Mother's Day

Here is a great activity that I did with my PreK and Kinder students.  Students had to write why they love their mother/grandmother/aunt.  - It really makes me laugh to read some of the students responses.  Students can then illustrate their response or can draw a portrait of their mother.  Before they start drawing we talk about what our mothers look like.  - I ask them:

"How many eyes does your mother have?"
"What color is her hair?"  "Is it pink?"...
"Where are is your mother's mouth?  Is it at the top by her hair?.."

 I have also shown my class a picture of my mother.  I have the students give me directions, while I am drawing, on how I should draw my mother.   The students love to tell the teacher how to do draw!!!

Hope you enjoy this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment